What is impactful leadership in a virtual world?
With a shift to virtual working and change becoming a constant, what does impactful leadership look like?
When Covid hit the globe, the working culture businesses once had disappeared over night, with staff working at home and customer transactions largely being remote. Businesses across the world have had to adapt the way they lead and their strategies for workforce skills development. In many cases, this has meant empowering and trusting staff to take more control of their daily schedule and to meet their performance targets in a more flexible working culture.
How is this working in practice and what challenges are businesses facing? City & Guilds' upcoming ILM webinar will share views and experiences on how businesses and leaders are supporting the wellbeing of their workforce, ensuring performance is maintained and that their customer experience is not impacted. We will be joined by business and L&D leaders from around the globe to share learnings from the last 9 months and discuss what makes leadership most impactful in this virtual world we now find ourselves in.
We will discuss the top questions on every employer’s mind:
- As continue to adapt our working cultures in response to the global pandemic, how can leaders at all levels keep teams motivated while working at home and drive performance and productivity?
- With increasing concerns about social isolation and mental wellbeing, what can leaders do to support and protect their staff, encourage a healthy work-life balance and maintain a resilient workforce?
- Why is the need for leadership on all levels so important in today’s crisis, how can managers support staff in adapting?
1. Africa - Carina Matthysen, Manager: XcLer8 L&D- HC Momentum Life
2. Middle East - Dr. Jarmo Kotilaine, Economist & strategist
3. South Asia - Ms. Rekha Weerasooriya, General Manager customer experience and people development- Dialog Axiata PLC
4. Anand Sudarshan, Independent Director on Board of NIIT, & Founder & Director of Sylvant Advisors