The British Chamber of Commerce Singapore is one of the largest foreign business Chambers in Singapore with a team of dynamic professionals who support our member network of around 400 companies and 3,700 professionals to meet their goals and make connections. Open positions are listed below. For all applications and enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently recruiting an Events Executive to join the team.
- Source venues and manage venue and supplier relations
- Handle event logistics, administration, set-up and event delivery
- Liaise with Chamber business committees and speakers and ensure input for event marketing is delivered in time to the marketing team
- Address event relevance for members and sponsors, inspiring, diverse and meaningful content, balanced timings and formats as well as a commercial viability and ensuring any financial risks are highlighted and mitigated
- Liaise with all involved external stakeholders, i.e. sponsors, event companies, members, other Chamber’s personnel
- Work alongside the Events team to develop the annual events plan & ensure member relevance, event variety and quality through review and evaluation of event deliverables
- Engage with members at Chamber events, this is very much a front facing role
- Maintain a professional manner, acting in the best interest of both the Chamber and its members
- Facilitate monthly meetings of the business committees, helping them to drive event ideas and connect with speakers.
- Degree, or up to two years’ work experience in the private sector in the areas of event management, sales, business development
- Possess strong customer focus and networking skills
- Excellent team player
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Evening and some early morning work will be required
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, building rapport and relationships while maintaining excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Candidate must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of all events, be hands-on and versatile
- Organises self and work effectively
- Makes best use of resources
- Takes responsibility and uses initiative to deliver high quality work.
- Understands and focuses on customer needs
- Able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
Benefits package includes
- Working hours 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Monthly Salary + CPF
- 15 days paid annual leave