The British Chamber is an NS Mark accredited organisation, and a fair and unbiased employer.
Open positions are listed below. For all applications and enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Marketing & Communications
Head of Marketing, Communications & Partnerships
We are recruiting for an experienced marketing and communications professional to lead on tasks across a broad remit. This role will be focused primarily on the design and execution of marketing campaigns and collaterals across a variety of channels. These include our website, social media platforms, publications and collaterals, event marketing and adhoc requests. The role-holder will also be responsible for the layout of the bi-monthly Orient Magazine (editorial support will be provided).
- Design – creation and delivery which includes multi-channel marketing campaigns, event collaterals, publications and ad-hoc projects
- Publications – layout and design experience
- Content marketing – B2B experience including writing copy
- Social media management
DESIRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of the business ecosystem in Singapore
- Understanding of the trade and business ecosystem within the UK
- Marketing automation
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines and makes best use of resources.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a small team.
- Takes responsibility and uses initiative to deliver high quality work.
- Organises self and work effectively and proactively.
- Good collaborator.
- A degree or any related qualifications, with at least two years of professional experience in design and/or digital marketing communications
- Fluent or native use of English language for all copy
- Knowledge and experience of the following software:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- CMS for website updates
- Social media scheduling, i.e., Hootsuite
Applicants are asked to share examples from their portfolio of design work and any campaigns delivered with their resume.
2. TRADE SERVICES ADVISOR
Business Services Director
The Trade Services Advisor offers trade support services to UK based SMEs who wish to export to and do business in Singapore. These services include but are not limited to business consultation, market research, organising inward trade missions, offering B2B/B2C webinars, arranging of bespoke visiting programs, partner identification and business matching, support setting up a representative office as well as other related subjects.
Sector Coverage for this role:
- Primary Sectors: Retail/Consumer goods (inc E-Commerce) Healthcare & Life Sciences (inc Wellness), Advanced Manufacturing, Agri Tech/Food
- Secondary: Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Education, Creative & Arts, Technology
- Provide relevant advice to UK companies in the related sector
This role would suit an individual who has already gained some exposure to business consulting or international trade and seeks an opportunity to step into the next phase of their career; develop their skills and sector knowledge, build experience with Business to Government initiatives and are willing to be nurtured further as a sector specialist for international trade.
- Partner Identification & Business Matching
- Provide support to UK companies in finding bespoke partners, agents, distributors, franchise partners, retailers, wholesalers etc. in Singapore.
- Ascertain contacts through cold-callings and other various medium of contact such as LinkedIn and secondary research.
- Follow up with potential prospect ascertaining potential interest representing the client.
- Co-ordinate and managed their programmed of meetings during their visits with the potential prospect and/or facilitate an introduction for virtual meetings, providing advice before and after.
- Accompany clients during their programme of meetings and provide advice on the relevant matters.
- Significant Assist
- Provide 2 hour free advices on relevant matters to potential UK client seeking advice on doing business in Singapore:
- Respond to new leads by signposting to necessary information or schedule a call to assess their needs and identify the support they require providing relevant directions which may lead to potential chargeable project.
- Update reports and stakeholder databases required for internal and external use.
- Proactively seek opportunities and market gaps in Singapore where UK companies could deliver the service/product.
- Market Research: Ascertain market research on behalf of UK companies using secondary research method on market entry, competitor analysis, market insights etc.
- Identify opportunities for UK companies, with a focus on SMEs and MSBs, to expand business in Singapore and devise strategies to ensure they are effectively taken advantage of.
- Generate and deliver chargeable enquiries & projects.
- Client Relationship Management
- Manage client relationships including building and maintaining a network of contacts in Singapore and the UK (i.e. Regional Chambers, Distributors, Agents and importers).
- Identify potential contacts within the Singaporean business community and advise companies to call on these.
- Monitor and maintain databases and Client Relationship Management tools.
- Organises self and work effectively, and proactively seeks means to better the service offering.
- Makes best use of resources.
- Takes responsibility and uses initiative to deliver high quality work.
- Understands and focuses on customer needs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a small team
- Good collaborator
- A degree, with at least three years of experience working in the private sector or international trade
- A proven track record of successful relationship management
- Project management skills
- Experience in business planning, report writing and budgeting
- Market research experience
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
The British Chamber also offers continuing opportunities for students to intern in our team, typically in the areas of event planning and our Trade Services team.
To check on current internship requirements at the Chamber, contact us at email@example.com.
For an example of how time spent at the Chamber has benefited students, read on to hear the feedback in their own words...
Deepti Narwani, Events Intern
My time at the British Chamber of Commerce was both exciting and insightful. I was given the opportunity to assist the team with both flagship and business group events. This included pre-event preparation as well as on site execution of the events. Managing on site difficulties at events thought me to adapt quickly to various situations, a skill which has now enabled me to work under pressure. The British Chamber team also trusted me to communicate with Chamber members to ensure smooth execution of events. I am extremely grateful for the support, patience and guidance that everyone at the British Chamber of Commerce provided me. I will carry the skills that I have learned for many years to come.
Edrea Tan, Trade Services Intern
My time at the British Chamber of Commerce, under the Trade Services team, was an enriching one. My job scope covered a myriad of tasks that gave me a wholesome understanding of the role the Trade Services team plays in the Chamber. The main projects I was engaged in were export opportunities, market research, events and the monthly newsletter. During the internship, I took charge of the export opportunities, being the main lead in sourcing, uploading and working with respondents. In addition, I got the opportunity to gain insight on the advisory services and business matching aspect of Trade Services through my assistance to the business advisors, primarily in market research. There were numerous business services events that I was involved in as well, which trained my ability to multi-task, be meticulous and organised in my work, and handle numerous excel sheets. Lastly, I assisted in crafting monthly Trade Services newsletters that provided an overview of events, business meetings, news and upcoming events. These newsletters keep our clients updated and maintains the relationship between our clients and the Trade Services team. All in all, the experience I had with the Trade Services team in the British Chamber of Commerce was warm and insightful. My time spent here was enjoyable and my learning objectives were met.