For all applications and enquiries please contact email@example.com.
SENIOR TRADE SERVICES ADVISOR
- Working in a team of 2, along with 1 intern
- Manage the Trade Services Budget and monthly reporting to the Executive Director
- Work with the Executive Director to manage reporting against targets both internally and to DIT, ensuring compliance with project guidelines.
- Generate and deliver chargeable enquiries & projects.
- Identify opportunities for UK companies, with a focus on SMEs and MSBs, to expand business in Singapore and devise strategies to ensure they are effectively taken advantage of.
- Undertake research on behalf of British companies.
- Manage client relationships including building and maintaining a network of contacts in Singapore and the UK (i.e. Regional Chambers).
- Work closely with regional network of UK Chambers providing Trade Services.
- Identify potential contacts within the Singaporean business community and advise companies to call on these.
- Monitor and maintain databases and Client Relationship Management tools.
- Coordinate trade missions, provide assistance to companies exhibiting at trade fairs, participating in missions or visiting Singapore.
- Provide advice to enquiries related to doing business in Singapore.
- Manage published information on the export opportunities in Singapore.
- Support the delivery of Trade Services bespoke events.
- Support the Chamber’s membership team in member referrals.
- A degree, with at least three years of experience working in the private sector or international trade
- A proven track record of successful relationship management
- Project management skills definitely an advantage
- Experience in business planning, reporting and budgeting is preferred
- Market research experience definitely an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a small team
- Good collaborator
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- The job holder must be prepared to travel to the UK and within the region
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Attendance to Chamber’s key events
Benefit package includes:
- Key Working hours: 08.30 – 17.30, Monday to Friday.
- Salary + CPF, payable 12 times a year
- 18 days paid annual leave
- Training and development opportunities
- The Chamber currently provides a full medical coverage, including outpatient access
INTERN, TRADE SERVICES TEAM
Detailed job description:
- Scope of work and deliverables will be concentrating on supporting the Head of Trade Services and her team with research work in the following areas:
- Support ongoing research work required to serve clients from the UK who want to trade and invest in Singapore and the region
- Update sector reports
- Support with high profile events at the British High Commission
- Some administrative support
- As and when helpful, you may be required to attend and support events which may be early morning or evening. These will enhance overview and insights into the Chamber's offering to member and clients
- Degree course - School of Economics or Business
- Excellent Excel skills
- Must be flexible and able to work within a small team environment
No of vacancies: 1
Format: Full time, Monday - Friday
Reporting to: Head of Trade Services
To hear how time spent interning at the Chamber has benefited previous students, visit our Internships page.