Trade Services Advisor
TRADE SERVICES ADVISOR
Business Services Director
The Trade Services Advisor offers trade support services to UK based SMEs who wish to export to and do business in Singapore. These services include but are not limited to business consultation, market research, organising inward trade missions, offering B2B/B2C webinars, arranging of bespoke visiting programs, partner identification and business matching, support setting up a representative office as well as other related subjects.
Sector Coverage for this role:
- Primary Sectors: Retail/Consumer goods (inc E-Commerce) Healthcare & Life Sciences (inc Wellness), Advanced Manufacturing, Agri Tech/Food
- Secondary: Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Education, Creative & Arts, Technology
- Provide relevant advice to UK companies in the related sector
This role would suit an individual who has already gained some exposure to business consulting or international trade and seeks an opportunity to step into the next phase of their career; develop their skills and sector knowledge, build experience with Business to Government initiatives and are willing to be nurtured further as a sector specialist for international trade.
- Partner Identification & Business Matching
- Provide support to UK companies in finding bespoke partners, agents, distributors, franchise partners, retailers, wholesalers etc. in Singapore.
- Ascertain contacts through cold-callings and other various medium of contact such as LinkedIn and secondary research.
- Follow up with potential prospect ascertaining potential interest representing the client.
- Co-ordinate and managed their programmed of meetings during their visits with the potential prospect and/or facilitate an introduction for virtual meetings, providing advice before and after.
- Accompany clients during their programme of meetings and provide advice on the relevant matters.
- Significant Assist
- Provide 2 hour free advices on relevant matters to potential UK client seeking advice on doing business in Singapore:
- Respond to new leads by signposting to necessary information or schedule a call to assess their needs and identify the support they require providing relevant directions which may lead to potential chargeable project.
- Update reports and stakeholder databases required for internal and external use.
- Proactively seek opportunities and market gaps in Singapore where UK companies could deliver the service/product.
- Market Research: Ascertain market research on behalf of UK companies using secondary research method on market entry, competitor analysis, market insights etc.
- Identify opportunities for UK companies, with a focus on SMEs and MSBs, to expand business in Singapore and devise strategies to ensure they are effectively taken advantage of.
- Generate and deliver chargeable enquiries & projects.
- Client Relationship Management
- Manage client relationships including building and maintaining a network of contacts in Singapore and the UK (i.e. Regional Chambers, Distributors, Agents and importers).
- Identify potential contacts within the Singaporean business community and advise companies to call on these.
- Monitor and maintain databases and Client Relationship Management tools.
- Organises self and work effectively, and proactively seeks means to better the service offering.
- Makes best use of resources.
- Takes responsibility and uses initiative to deliver high quality work.
- Understands and focuses on customer needs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a small team
- Good collaborator
- A degree, with at least three years of experience working in the private sector or international trade
- A proven track record of successful relationship management
- Project management skills
- Experience in business planning, report writing and budgeting
- Market research experience
- Excellent English, both written and spoken