Marketing & Business Development Senior Executive, Asia
HFW is a market-leading law firm with a longstanding presence in Asia. In Singapore, the office has particular capabilities, across the breadth of legal services, in these core sectors:
- Energy & Resources
The firm culture is very down to earth, with partners appreciative of hard work, enthusiasm and proactive solutions. This is an opportunity to make your mark!
The Marketing & BD team
It's an exciting time to join; the M&BD team has grown significantly in recent years and we are working hard to be true advisors to the business.
The role in brief
The M&BD Senior Executive will primarily support HFW's South East Asia practice, i.e. working with Singapore and offering remote support to Jakarta, while also working with the wider Asia and Global teams on relevant projects, across the full spectrum of legal M&BD work.
The role reports into the Head of M&BD for Asia, based in HK, and you would work very closely with the M&BD Executive in Singapore and HK-based team members.
Attention to detail, strong English language drafting skills and an interest in learning about HFW's business are critical. The successful candidate will be proactive in learning about the firm's business and industries of work, to better drive business and client development objectives.
As the M&BD Senior Executive would be the most senior team member based in the Singapore office, this is very much a partner-facing role and therefore the post holder is expected to demonstrate autonomy and influence, moving beyond simply executing, in order to offer best practice guidance.
Directory & award submissions
- Directories – For all key legal directories and awards (Chambers, Asian Legal Business, Legal 500), work with the M&BD Exec to ensure high-quality submissions for Singapore and Jakarta, including:
- A project management approach.
- Referee liaison.
- Copy editing drafts.
- Preparing partners for researcher interviews.
- Work with senior team members to help deliver PR campaigns, media placements and HFW-branded content (bulletins, briefings, marketing materials, and website). Ensure content is distributed through the most effective social media channels.
- Working with the M&BD Exec, support the improved use of social media within HFW, as a minimum ensuring that publications, firm news and events are promoted through appropriate online channels, as directed.
- Working with the CRM Manager in London to improve usage of the CRM system (InterAction), training Secretaries, coaching Partners and role modelling best practice usage.
- Draft office updates (client wins, events, team news, etc) to be shared on the firm's intranet and internal communications.
- Contribute to any regional and global marketing reports and management presentations.
- Proactively help to 'join the dots' through sharing of appropriate information and ensuring adherence to team communication procedures.
- Lead the drafting, editing and review of locally led RFPs, pitches and capability statement sections, creatively presenting responses in order to meet clients' needs and showcase the firm's abilities.
- Support the pitch debrief process to help understand win/loss reasons.
- Track and report BD activity and pitch results.
Events & sponsorship
Ensure, with support from the Singapore M&BD Exec and Receptionists, the successful delivery of events, including
- Track ROI and advise on events best practice in order to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Advise Jakarta colleagues on events best practice and remotely support with events held overseas.
- Working with partners and the Head of M&BD Asia to lead relevant client accounts out of Asia.
- Conducting client research and presenting analysis to partners.
- Ensure a best practice approach is being followed in the creation and maintenance of M&BD-related work, e.g. marketing materials.
- Training Secretaries, Associates and new joiners on processes and systems.
- Degree-educated, ideally in a related discipline or suitable work experience in lieu of this.
- Prior experience in a law firm is essential.
- Understanding of the markets in which law firms and our clients operate, and tailoring outputs according to specific needs.
- Confidence to communicate with senior colleagues and act as an advisor, rather than just processing requests
- Time management: ability to work in a demanding, fact-paced environment, dealing with competing priorities and ensuring high-quality outcomes under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent written and spoken English, with excellent writing skills in business English.
- Ability to distil complex and lengthy wording or ideas into pithy, engaging prose.
- Within the Asia and Global teams, we pride ourselves on being welcoming, inclusive and working together to achieve common goals.
- Enabling Secretaries and junior colleagues to upskill by giving clear directions, delegating appropriate work and delivering training.
18-01 Ocean Financial Centre