The Orient is distributed digitally to over 4,500 people with print copies available from the Chamber office and sent to key locations around Singapore. The magazine is additionally available in its own mobile app for both iOS (Apple) devices and from the Google Play Store (Android). It is a member benefit of the Chamber for companies to publish their thought leadership, news and opinions in the Orient magazine, the Chamber’s primary content channel. If you are not a member of the Chamber and would like to offer a thought leadership piece or interview opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
Submitting an article as part of your member company entitlement
We are happy to hold article space in advance for a thought leadership article relevant to our members. As a guide, this should be up to 900 words in length plus the author/company bio and any photos/video. Please only request to hold space in a forthcoming issue if you have the authority to contribute on behalf of your company and are prepared to meet the deadline discussed. We will contact you again closer to the date to confirm your intention to publish. Up to 5 member company articles are included per issue on a first-come-first-serve basis; to ensure a fair platform we will not typically share member news or articles in consecutive issues from the same company, unless as part of an agreed content series.
The In Focus Interview
In each issue, our Editor sits down for a one-on-one profile interview with a C-suite representative from a member company. The conversation covers both the individual's career insights and an opportunity to showcase their company’s culture and achievements. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to put forward a C-suite professional from your member company to be profiled. Additional video content and print copies to supplement the piece are available at a charge.
Regular calls for contribution
- Matters of Opinion: In each issue, our Editor will contact member companies with a call for < 150-word comment on a topical theme or sector, i.e. Cyber Security, FinTech. Education.
- News: Share your updates with the wider member network through a short news snippet (< 150-word outline, URL, logo and photos) at any time. Simply send to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to publish in the News section of the website and Orient. A reminder that to ensure a fair platform we will not typically share member news in consecutive issues from the same company.
New for 2020! Include your company in a special paid advertorial segment.
In each issue of 2020, we plan to provide a platform for companies to showcase their products and services in a special segment. Subject to change, the planned topics are as follows:
- April 2020: Hotels & Travel
- June 2020: The Great Singapore Sale
- August 2020: Entertainment & Events
- October 2020: Guide to International Schools
As we plan for each issue, we will also contact relevant companies to offer the opportunity to be included in a fixed-format advertorial with copy and images for a set fee. If you are keen to know more about any of the above opportunities, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to all those looking to contribute to the Orient, we look forward to receiving and sharing your content!