Trade Services Support
On 7th June 2013 we signed the “Overseas Business Network Initiative” an agreement between UKTI & BCCS to enable BCCS to deliver services to UK companies wishing to trade and do business in Singapore. We are pleased to offer a range of business service support to UK based Companies.
In 2013, the British High Commission and the British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore, in the presence of the then UK Trade & Investment Minister Lord Green signed the “Overseas Business Network Initiative”. This initiative aims to provide advice and assistance on behalf of the Department for International Trade to UK companies doing and seeking to do business in Singapore.
The Chamber provides a range of services to UK SMEs which include but are not limited to market research, organising inward trade missions, offering B2B/B2G webinars, arranging of tailor made visiting programmes, partner identification and matching, support setting up a representative office as well as other related subjects.
We were the first Overseas Chamber to become fully accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce, based in London, and now belong to the trusted BCC Accredited Network, seamlessly supporting UK Exporters through a variety of trade services.
Since June 2013, the team has supported over 500 companies to explore opportunities in Singapore. If you would like to learn more about how business services could support your business, please do not hesitate to contact the team on +65 6222 3552.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE:
To qualify for BCCS’ Business Services, a business must:
- Have an active UK trading address
- Be able to demonstrate that any support they receive from the Chamber would help them deliver economic benefit to the UK through this trading address
- This includes both UK-based businesses investing, or looking to invest overseas and foreign-owned businesses based in the UK. Not-for-profit organisations and charities also qualify.
- The British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore retains discretion on who can access its services.
A business is not eligible for British Chamber of Commerce business services if it:
- Does not have an active UK trading address or
Is offering a product or service
- which it is illegal to produce or sell in the UK or in the target market; or
- which if sold abroad would breach export controls;
- Where in the reasonable opinion of the Chamber an applicant company or individual has a business record or business practices or products which is/are likely to cause offence in the overseas market and/or embarrass the UK Government (for example, on corporate social responsibility grounds); or
- Is planning to close down UK operations and transfer its assets overseas
Eligible but not yet ready to export:
Each of the above Business Services is currently available at a subsidised hourly rate. For more information or a proposal of work, please contact our Business Services Team on +65 62223552. The team will assess your aims and objectives and provide you with a tailored programme of support.