The British Chamber Business Groups provide a platform for members to engage and connect within their professional sector and beyond. The group's core committees consist of 8 to 12 members driving event programme and content. Business group core committees also take an active interest in enlarging the member base. They are a vital and important pillar in delivering our mission.
WHY JOIN A BUSINESS GROUP?
To provide a forum for members of the Built Environment business group of the British Chamber in Singapore by:
- Creating a platform for member to member communications;
- Providing channels to enhance the reputation of the Built Environment Business Group of the British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore and the Chamber as whole
- Building relationships with, providing inspiration, encouragement and support to members
- To promote the Built Environment sector and opportunities for member companies through education, best practice & awareness of opportunities
- Encourage diversity and gender equality within the business group
To provide a forum for members of BritCham to promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in the workplace by:
- Raising awareness and sharing best practice around the various challenges and opportunities;
- Building relationships with and providing inspiration, encouragement and support to members;
- Engaging with and empowering local business leaders, employees and other communities;
- influencing relevant stakeholders; and
- Generally contributing towards enhancing the reputation of BritCham as an organisation committed to D&I.
The Energy & Utilities (E&U) business group's mission is to be recognised as a forceful and relevant forum in Singapore for members of the Chamber with particular interest in E&U to interact with the wider energy and utilities community.
The BritCham Entrepreneur & Small Business Group offers a diverse and representative network of business sectors and industries. It aims to serve as an idea exchange platform for likeminded entrepreneurs and business owners through establishing close links with the other active groups.
The BritCham Financial Services Group covers one of Singapore's leading market sectors where a high level of major and niche British institutions and financial firms occupy strong and influential market positions. Its aim is to significantly expand BritCham membership at both the corporate and individual level by raising the standard of and focusing the networking and promotional opportunities within both the financial services sector and to the rest of the BritCham business groups and membership.
The ICT Business Group's mission is to inspire, educate and engage Chamber members (and non-members) on the transformative capabilities of Information Technology to their business.
The goal of the group is to add value to the Chamber and its members through activities that:
- Demonstrate the value of ICT solutions to their business
- Educate them on future ICT trends that will impact their business
- Offer member networking opportunities to better enable business across the region
- Share knowledge and insights
- Attract new members to the Chamber
The Leadership Group provides a platform to address and share best practices in key leadership challenges in the region. The group aims to offer practical short-term and long-term ideas and solutions through insights from research and cross-sector exchange.
Connect – Inspire – Share – Learn
The Marketing & Creative Business Group aims to inspire and help British Chamber members and the larger Singaporean business community to embrace the new world of marketing and the new consumers and to bring the creative spirit and achievements of UK players closer to the British Chamber members and the Singaporean business Community.
The Professional Services Business Group (“PSG”) includes members from Accountancy, Business & Management Consultancies, PR & Communications Specialists, Engineers, Industrial Services, Legal Services, Real Estate Services, Relocation Services, Tax Specialists, Travel Consultants, among others.
The mission of the group is to provide a forum for members of the PSG of the British Chamber in Singapore by:
- Creating a platform for member to member communications;
- Providing channels to enhance the reputation of the Professional Services Group of British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore and the Chamber as whole; and
- Building relationships with, providing inspiration, encouragement and support to members.
The mission of this group is to establish it as a cross sectoral group within the British Chamber, to try to support and represent the Scottish Industry in Singapore and network the large amount of Scots in senior positions over here.
The British Chamber of Commerce Sustainability and Responsibility Committee seeks to educate and showcase Corporate Responsibility (CR) issues and practices in Asia. We encourage all businesses in Singapore to have good governance in place, and to use their influence to create systemic change through collaboration and partnerships, to manage the economic, social and environmental impacts of their activities wherever they operate in the world.
The purpose of this Business Group is:
- To provide British Chamber of Commerce members and the wider Singapore business community with a forum in the transportation, logistics and supply chain sectors
- To meet and develop contacts
- To share information and know-how
- To create a channel of communication to the Singapore Government
- To share and highlight key trends and
- To provide relevant insights for businesses to benefit and learn
To provide a forum for members of the BritCham to promote Women in Business in the workplace by focusing on 3 main pillars:
- Providing opportunities for personal development and developing skills
- Assisting women in expanding their networks
- Promoting the business case for gender diversity looking at revenue and cost (e.g. retention and engagement)
- Sharing reports, research and best practises on gender diversity and women at the workplace;
- Promoting positive attitudes and behaviour towards females within organisations in Singapore;
- Increase male participation in the dialogue driving gender diversity
- Promoting senior leaders who are leading the way in balancing gender diversity in the workplace;
- Sharing experiences and acting as a learning platform for individuals involved in the Network.
- Identifying opportunities to help bring awareness to best practice policy
The British Chamber is a proud official partner of LeanIn.org, the nonprofit organization founded by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg to help all women achieve their ambitions.
Empowering women and embracing the power of diversity are imperative for companies that want to perform at the highest level. To access the resources online visit our partner page at http://leanin.org/partners/topics/resources/british-chamber-of-commerce-singapore.
This BritCham group is exploring ways to encourage and engage with under 40’s professionals in Singapore. Companies are provided with the opportunity through Chamber activities and networking to develop the skills of their up and coming employees by encouraging Chamber involvement. In doing so, the group is providing a forum for ‘young professionals’ to connect and learn from each other.